This is a modified version of one of Kate’s favourite recipes. We think you might like it too.
- 500g pumpkin
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250ml) of white wine
- 2 tbsp of Patlin Gardens Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small leek, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups Kindred Organic Quinoa (washed at least twice)
- 200g fetta cheese, crumbled
- 100g baby spinach leaves
Cut pumpkin into 4cm pieces and steam it (you could bake it too) until tender.
Bring stock to a boil in a medium saucepan and add white wine. Reduce heat, cover and keep hot.
Heat oil in a large saucepan, cook leek and garlic, stirring until leek is soft. Add quinoa, stir to coat in oil mixture.
Stir in 1 cup of the stock; cook over low heat, stirring, until liquid is absorbed.
Continue adding stock, in 1 cup batches, stirring, until absorbed after each addition.
Total cooking time is approx 20 minutes with quinoa (approx 35 minutes if you use rice).
Remove pan from heat, gently stir in pumpkin, fetta and spinach.
Serve topped with Basil Pesto.