Lentil and Rice Twists with Broccoli (gluten free pasta)
- 250g L’Abruzzese lentil and rice twists
- 1/3 cup currants soaked in 1/3 cup verjuice (or white wine) while you prepare the rest
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 – 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Grated cheese such as parmesan
Saute onions + garlic gently in Patlin Gardens Olive Oil until translucent.
Cook broccoli in boiling water 5 minutes or less, until bright green but still a little crunchy then drain.
Meanwhile, cook pasta 7 – 9 minutes. Drain.
Add broccoli to the onion pan; toss & heat through
Stir in currants & toasted almonds with the soaking liquid.
Stir through a chopped, raw tomato or 2.
Pile these ingredients on top of the cooked pasta (as per cooking time on pasta packet). Drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve with shaved or grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Organic (and Gluten Free) L’Abruzzese Pasta can be obtained from the Cygnet Market or at the Garden Shed and Pantry.